Some of the most common things almost everyone suffers from are definitely headaches, but also anxiety.
Doctors usually prescribe various medications for these problems, but they only cause side-effects since they are abundant in harmful chemicals.
In this article, we’re going to present you a marvelous natural recipe called lavender lemonade that will help you against both, headaches and anxiety.
Adding lavender into your lemonade will help you obtain all of its medicinal properties. It has a very nice aroma that will help you relax your senses. Lavender flowers or the oil extracted from lavender is very healthy because it’s extremely powerful, but helps you against numerous medicinal problems.
It has a structure that’s chemically complex with more than 150 active compounds. It possesses various powerful antibacterial, detoxifying, analgesic, antifungal, antiseptic, hypotensive, anti-inflammatory, sedative, antispasmodic, antidepressant, and antimicrobial properties.
According to a study from Florida, lavender oil can help you against anxiety, but it will also decrease your pulse rates if you have to take some stressful test, for example.
When it’s given to patients, lavender aromatherapy can decrease their pre-surgery distress and even be more calming than a regular massage.
Lavender essential oil is found to be very helpful against hangovers, insomnia, labor pains, depression and sinus congestion.
“Some of the previous researches have mostly focused on using lavender through the olfactory route. Lavender olfaction has anxiolytic activity that has been shown in several various trials. Lavender aromatherapy is probably that effective because of the psychological effects that the fragrance has when it’s combined with the physiological effects volatile oils have in the limbic system.”
That’s why people have been using lavender since ancient times.
Here are some facts about the lavender aromatherapy:
- No matter how you use lavender aromatherapy it will help you decrease the perception of pain, but also the need that adults or children have for conventional analgesics.
- According to researches, people who took lavender oil (at least 10% of it) olfaction for about 3 minutes were with decreased anxiety levels and were more relaxed. They also had an improved mood, the speed they had for mathematical calculations was improved, too as well as their scores of alpha power on EEG which is an indicator of alertness.
- Aromatherapy including lavender oil can have anxiolytic activity in patients that are in intensive care units. These patients were administered with 1 session of aromatherapy containing 1% of lavender essential oil.
It was more emphasized in the first treatment than in the other two.
- The aroma of lavender in a room or any workplace can improve the work environment and decrease stress.
- People managed to link the aroma lavender has to some pleasant changes in their own autonomic nervous system.
Female patients that were treated with chronic hemodialysis had excellent effects when they were given lavender oil. They weren’t depressed and full of anxiety anymore.
The effects of this kind of aromatherapy were calculated by the Hamilton rating scale for depression (HAMD) as well as the Hamilton rating scale for anxiety (HAMA). It was proved that lavender aroma managed to reduce the mean scores HAMA had significantly.
Here is our recipe for lavender lemonade:
- ¼ of a cup of dried lavender or 1 drop of lavender essential oil
- 6 peeled and juiced lemons
- 1 cup of raw honey
- 5 cups of pure water
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
First, you should boil a half of the water in a pan. After it has boiled, remove it from the heat. Add the honey and dried lavender inside. Steep for 20 minutes. Then, strain the mixture and transfer it into a larger container.
Add the lemon juice along with the rest of the water. Stir everything well. Store your lavender lemonade in the fridge.
Here’s another way to use lavender so that you can improve your overall health:
- Prepare a natural body oil by adding 2 drops of lavender oil on your body. Massage and you’ll be able to improve your sleep, get rid of insects, relax your mind, and also improve your skin!
- If you only add 5 to 6 drops of lavender essential oil into your bath, you’ll manage to hydrate and nourish your dry skin!
- If you sprinkle 10-12 drops of lavender oil into the air you breathe, you’ll relieve stress naturally!
Article and image sources: www.healthy-food-house.com | livingtraditionally.com